SKUTT HOT GLASS KILNS
The Mini Scarab - Flameworking Kiln
• Balanced stainless steel main door that opens and
closes to a tight seal with ease.
• Powder coated for durability and is more environmentally
• Balanced wood door handle that's cool to the touch.
• Easy-Glide point rest with an optional 4" rests for
more loading flexibility.
• Re-engineered hinge is smooth and precise.
• New Secondary Point Rest smoothly moves up and
down, and in and out with ease with new scalloped
• The four front and back handles are sturdy
nickel-plated and positioned for ergonomic lifting.
• Vent holes keep electronics cool.
• Slide-out chassis allows easy access to components.
• Easy to use controller designed by Flame Working
Artist Marcel Braun specifically for Borosilicate
Glass. "You Just Press GO!"
• Also available in 208V and 3 PH configurations.
Call the factory for details.
The Scarab & The Scarab XL - Annealing Kiln
Scarab XL Temporarily Unavailable
• 3 Doors with adjustable point rests designed for working with Borosilicate Glass.
• 3 doors with adjustable point rests designed for working with
• Wooden handles stay cool, making it easy to operate the doors.
• Independent center door allows you to work with larger diameter
• Designed by noted lampworking artist Marcel Braun.
• Multiple handles for easy moving.
• Scarab operates on a 40 amp breaker (XL on a 60 amp breaker)
• Comes standard with GlassMaster 33 Controller, a 4 button controller
specifically designed for flameworkers who want to anneal
• The GlassMaster 33 allows you to design and store up to 4 custom
programs with up to 8 segments per program.
• Comes standard with fan cooled, solid state relays for longer life
• Also available in 208V and 3 PH configurations. Call the factory for
Crucible furnace for melting borosilicate and soft glass
The Crucible Furnace - GM818-3CR
The GM818-3CR was designed to provide artists a crucible furnace that is affordable and inexpensive to operate. Rated to 2350 F. this furnace is designed to melt both soft glass and borosilicate glass. It is perfect for the occasional user and makes a wonderful color pot for use with a full-size furnace. This unit comes standard with long lasting Kanthal APM elements. These elements are specifically designed to be used in applications where artists are holding at high temperatures. Type S thermocouples should last a very long time. The Type S thermocouple performs extremely well in high temperatures and corrosive atmospheres. The solid state relays that also come standard on this furnace are virtually silent and are extremely reliable.
The furnace is equipped with a six inch hole cut in the lid. This is topped by a hinged top hat door with a wood handle which is convenient and easy to use. Just post up your crucible in the furnace so the lip of the crucible is nearly flush with the bottom of the main lid. (Crucible and posts not included). The holes in the furnace lid can be cut at different sizes to accommodate different shaped crucibles.
One of the main benefits of this furnace is the GlassMaster Controller. The numbered touch pad allows you to enter data without having to scroll up and down to select temperatures. You can store up to 12 customized firing programs with up to 16 segments. Each segment may consist of a rate of climb (heating or cooling), a target temperature, and a hold time. The controller also includes features such as Delay Start, Programmable Temperature Alarm, Diagnostics (reads voltage and amperage), and much more.
• Designed to melt both soft glass and borosilicate
• Designed to provide artists with a crucible furnace
that is affordable and inexpensive to operate.
• The gather hole in the furnace lid is a standard 8
inches but can be cut at different sizes to accommodate
different shaped crucibles.
• The new Mantis Top Hat Lift System keeps heat
radiating from the underside of the lid away from
your hands while gathering.
• Comes standard with GlassMaster Controller. The
numbered touch pad allows you to enter data without
having to scroll up and down to select temperatures.
• Unlike other crucible kilns on the market, the GM818-
3CR comes standard with solid state relays, APM elements
and Type S thermocouple for longer life and more
• A switch built into the frame of the Mantis shuts off
the power to the elements every time you open the lid to
The Perfect Shape For Roll Ups
The Clam Shell Design - GM22CS
Skutt Clam shell design glass kiln provides easy access to the glass for loading and manipulating. The Perfect Shape For Roll Ups.
The top chamber of the kiln retains the heat when the kiln is opened and
the bottom allows room for heat to flow under the shelf for uniform heating.
The kiln holds a 20" shelf with room enough for your fingers for
elements are hung on a refractory rod which helps extend life and prevent
particles from falling into the glass.
The unit is controlled by a GlassMaster wallmounted controller.
See also Skutt Production Kilns - Annealing Kilns” for hot glass